Review of Speak Our Language by Tamera Czarnowski.
Are you or is someone in your life looking for a new hair stylist? If so, this little gem of a book will offer some ideas, suggestions, and tips on how-to, from choosing a salon to tipping the stylist afterwards. It tops out at less than twenty-four pages (I guess it’s more like a libretto? Is there a name for such short, informational tome?) so you can read it quickly and refer to it often. Tamera shares what you may be thinking as well as what your stylist may be thinking, and how you can best communicate with each other.
If you are looking to change salons, or you don’t know how to face the intimidating staff of a new salon, or you you’re sending a freshly-out-in-the-real-world adult off on their own, this is a great insider’s view of salons and hairstylists.
This book will offer suggestions to answer the following common questions:
- What kind of salon should you choose?
- Do you want a luxurious, high-end, or mid-priced salon?
- Quiet or chatty stylist?
- What are the most important things to look for in choosing a salon or a hair stylist?
- What’s the best way to communicate what cut, color or style you want to the stylist?
- How can you be sure to book that stylist again?
- How much should you tip your stylist?
Show you appreciate your stylist (or learn how to find one) and enjoy your hair styling experience with this helpful guide.
Tamera is the owner of Salon True in Ardmore, PA. Her book is available in paperback or Kindle formats.
Leave a Reply